Thursday, January 5, 2006

Sorry ladies, he's taken!

I think you should all know that I married the most awesome guy ever! So, I regret to inform the rest of the ladies out there that you’ll have to settle for #2. But I’m sure #2 isn’t bad at all either, so that’s okay… right?

Man, my man has been so good to me though. He has really gone above and beyond while I’ve been sick. From the very beginning, he has insisted that I rest and relax. He has not expected, asked, or even hinted at wanting me to do anything “productive”. Part of it is because he wants to make sure this pregnancy is healthy and if that means that he has to do all the things that need to be done so that I don’t have to – it’s what he’ll do. But alot of it is because he is just so wonderful.

He works LONG days and has a pretty demanding calling in church. He has not shirked his duties in the slightest. But every moment he is home, he has attended to Acadia , myself, or the house. He has done every little bit of cooking, cleaning, laundry, and dishes that have happened in the last several weeks. (With a little help with Cadi, who likes to help with dishes, sometimes.) Then on top of that, he has done my errands for me, been my gopher for water, crackers, or whatever, rubbed my feet, made runs for food – and then ate what I couldn’t stomach, read to me, and has offered his sleeve for my tears when I just felt so bad I couldn’t help but just cry.

And he has done every bit of this with a loving attitude and a smile. He actually says that he likes it and is happy to do all of this. And he means it! He is the best husband ever – and I’m the lucky one, cause he’s mine.

I love you, Roe

No comments: