Friday, January 13, 2006

Rain is falling all around.

To say it's been raining alot lately is an understatement. Even for the NorthWest! We've had something like 24 or 26 days straight of rain. And contrary to popular belief, it really doesn't usually rain that much here.

Last January, we were in a bit of a drought. Not so this year. Infact, our average rainfall for the month of January is normally 1.9 inches. So far, in just 13 days we have had more than 5 inches of rain! We have more than doubled our monthly average in less than two weeks! And we've got at least another week of rain ahead.

Some people get sick of it. I have not felt this way yet! (And I'm talking - the entire time we've lived here - almost three years now.) I suppose this month hasn't really affected me since I've been staying at home - and usually in bed! lol Ryan gets tired of it, but then he has to drive in it and also needs to walk quite aways outside for work sometimes. Poor guy.

Anyhow, we have had some people ask us how we're doing with all the rain. And let me assure you that we are fine. We are not in any of the areas that are in danger of flooding or landslides. So far no leaks from the roof either, so we're good. lol

No comments: