Friday, August 5, 2005

Dog Days of Summer

This evening the neighbor's dog dug under the fence (again!) and came into our yard.  This wouldn't be so bad... EXECPT the dumb thing gets over here then starts barking like mad at my dog and daughter!  As if they have come into his space and bothered him!  When we go to get him to take back home, he gets freaky scared and won't let us near him.  DUMB DOG!!!  After having done this several times, you would think he would figure out that he doesn't like coming to our yard.  Yeah, YOU WOULD THINK!!!  But this is a DUMB DOG and he DOESN't THINK!!!

Moving on... It has been HOT this week! Fortunately we have had things to keep us busy and our minds off of it.

Yesterday Acadia had her second horse riding lesson.  This week she got to ride Beauty.  And Beauty certainly was a beauty.  She was another great horse to ride and learn on.  Cadi is doing well.  Here is a picture of her with this week's horse...




Today I went with some of the YW leaders to Girl's Camp. I was so glad to see my girls and even more glad that when they saw me they ran up to me to give me a hug! Awww!

They are having A BLAST!!! And I am so happy for them! I'm especially happy to see my less-active girl, A. having such a great time and making even more friends! That is all I could ask for and I'm thrilled to see it! Here are a couple of pictures of my girls...







Isn't it pretty there? And did you see, they got a nice lake to swim, canoe, or go tubing on. Plus there's a waterfall where they could swim and also go repelling.

Bishop talked to the girls while we were there. He talked about some of the characteristics of sunflowers and how they always follow the sun. He related it to us, how we should aways follow the Son and that we will receive light, nourishment, and direction if we do. Then we all got a melted chocolate candy bar, S'mores. He wants us all to want "smore" of the Son's light in our lives. Cute. I brought mine home to stick in the freezer. Some of the girls ate theirs, they say it was really good. lol



Here some of the girls were teaching the others how to play a cute/fun hand and cup game. I can't remember what its called but I remembered it from when I was at Girl's Camp years ago. It was fun to jump right in and do it with them.



And here is our gang! There are two girls that had to leave yesterday for a family reunion. Bishop is our Captain (the theme was nautical). Do they look like they're having fun?

No comments: