Sunday, August 14, 2005

Hit Me

I've noticed that ever since the August Ensign came out, I've gotten tons of hits on my site from people looking for Book of Mormon reading charts. Obviously because of the 99 day challenge and our reading schedule that is posted here.

I have to admit, when we read that the prophet was asking us all (as a church) to read the entire Book of Mormon by the end of the year, we (our ward's mutual) were pretty pleased with ourselves. We were about a third of the way through already when we received his challenge.

Participating in this challenge has been wonderful. The quotes and questions that go with each reading are great, they help me to really think about what I'm reading and to learn from it, apply it, etc. I hope that anyone who chooses to follow the 99 day challenge will also have a good experience. And even if you aren't following our reading schedule, I hope that you all take the Prophet's challenge to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year.

I have felt the spirit more in my life as I have applied myself more to reading and pondering. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know it is a true book and that it testifies of Christ. By reading it, you can't help but feel closer to the Savior and our Heavenly Father. Who doesn't want that? It is a great blessing to have it in our lives, I hope that we all take advantage of it!

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Barbara commented 8/15/05:

Good for you and your ward!
I am afraid that I fell off the 99 Day Challenge almost immediately, although I think it is awesome. I want to eventually do the reading and marking, but probably at a slower pace.

Pretty much every night I read a chapter of the Book of Mormon to the family (or as many as are home!) after family prayer. We had just started another go round when we heard about the prophet's challenge. Now we read about 4 pages a night rounding up to the end of the chapter, so it is usually 2 chapters, sometimes more.

For my personal reading, I am reading the Topical Guide links on Jesus Christ. Right now I am in Appearances, Post Mortal.

How blessed we are to have the scriptures! We often think of the Dark Ages when the only people who had the Bible were the clergy. The regular people depended entirely on them to hear what the scriptures had to say. Now we have several copies of the scriptures in the house, more than one each. What a blessing!