So, to "beat the heat" we headed to the coast. We decided to try a new beach this time, so we went to Lincoln City. If we were looking for cooler temps - we found the place! It was breezy and much cooler on the beach - almost cold! Ryan and I threw a football around which got us warm enough to actually wear our bathing suits. Cadi didn't wait to feel warmer, she just ran to start playing in the little creek on the beach and stayed there until it was time to eat dinner.
Here are some pictures...
Doesn't Ryan look great with his Princess towel?
No comment...
It got cold once we stopped moving and sat down to eat. I tried to put my dress on without taking off my hat and sunglasses, uh...it didn't work.
While we were eating, there was a seagull nearby. Cadi tossed a piece of bread to it... all of a sudden we were surrounded by sea gulls. At one point, we counted 18! We didn't keep feeding them, but one got really gutsy while eyeballing my sandwich. He eventually came up on my mat and grabbed a piece out of my hand! Look, you can see the sandwich in his mouth!
We hung out for awhile after eating, even though it was chilly.
Ryan spotted this little guy. We wonder how he survived with all those vultur - I mean sea gulls around!
Finally we had enough and left! But it was still early evening. So after grabbing some ice cream (of course - can you possibly NOT go to the beach without getting any???) we decided to take the "scenic route" up Highway 101 on the way back home. While we drove, I kept my eye out for the possible location for that Secret Beach I've been wanting to go back to for 14 years. I have seen a couple possibilities, but we didn't have time to explore them to find out for sure. Another day, maybe.
Instead, we happened upon Arcadia Beach! Yes, it is not Acadia, but close enough! We saw it was a quiet, calm beach so we stopped for the sunset and a few rounds of wuffle ball and frisbee. There was no wind which made it even nicer!
Pretty huh? Well, we thought so! Well, all but one of us. I guess someone felt it wasn't worth getting woken up for. Can you guess which one?
After she woke up, even Cadi loved it. And we've decided that our next beach trip will be here to see what it's like during they day.
As I mentioned, today its even hotter! But with swimming lessons this morning and horse riding tonight, we don't have time to run to the coast. We've closed up the house and its been nice inside so far. *keeps fingers crossed* Most likely, we'll end up in the wading pool this afternoon with a few popsicles in hand.
To view all of the beach pictures, click here.
No comments:
Post a Comment