Sunday, October 17, 2004

My First Show

Last night I had my first PartyLite show. The hostess thought that she'd have 10 people, she only had 5. But it was still good. She is collecting outside orders and will definitely get at least $200 in sales and has a total of 3 booking so far. One of the bookings is her mom who lives in another part of town...out of my circle! (Yay!)


The show went well, I think I did alright. Everyone seemed to have fun. So, I feel good. My second show is this week. I'm hoping to make more contacts outside my circle here. It's my friend, Natalie Hoffman who lives across the street. But I don't know most of her friends so it will be good.

Tonight the Sisters were over and really liked the Chicken Wreath I made. They also liked the salads. We went out on splits, but since there wasn't another sister signed up to go out, it ended up being the three of us. That's probably better anyway because we have a new sister. She is brand new from Mongolia and doesn't know that much English yet. She knows alot, but it would be very hard for her to not have her companion with her.

We visited a family where the husband is a member (kind of less-active) and the wife is not. We shared the new "Restoration" DVD. We bore our testimonies of the Gospel, of Joseph Smith, of the restoration, etc. Unfortunately, the wife refuses to change religions because she doesn't want to dishonor her parents. It is frustrating. We tried to emphasize how important it is to gain a testimony that is your own, to find out for yourself if it's true. I hope that she decides to find out for herself.

Well, I'm tired and ready for bed. Tomorrow, Ryan and I will help with a field trip Cadi is going on. It's her first ever field trip! It is to a farm to learn how we get our food. She keeps talking about a pumpkin patch, I don't know for sure if it's the same thing, but I would assume so. I'll try to take pictures, but I don't know if there are any rules about that. If I get any, I'll post them.

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Mom commented 10/18/04:

Sounds like Partylite is off to a decent start and some good prospects. Of course, you did a good job, we knew you would. How do you make it fun? I have privately considered the Partylite parties I have attended to be a little dull or even annoying, but it was mostly the demonstrators, at least the annoying part, I am glad that you and your people had fun!

That is tough, the wife who doesn't want to dishonor her parents. I see the strong pull there. Especially since it appears that most people don't seem to think there is one true religion, just your religion and my religion. Yet so many people will fight and die for religion, worse yet kill. Odd. If only this sister could know what a great gift she could bring her family and what honor she could bring them by finding the truth. I understand why she doesn't really listen, there are so many people out there selling their religion, how do you know who to listen to? You just get tired of it and turn them all off.

As you know, bearing personal testimony is a very powerful tool. I am sure your words and spirit will come back to her again and again. Who knows...?

Have fun on the farm! I look forward to pictures.