Saturday, October 9, 2004

A letter from a soldier.

We just received an e-mail from a friend who is currently deployed and thought that it must represent the feelings of many men and women who are currently serving our country. I decided to share it with you so we can all remember the sacrifices that are being made for us.



"Hi all,

I decided to make this a mass email because I have so little time to write, and when I do find time to write no computers are available.

All is going well. We have pretty much finished up our training here in the states and will be shipping out overseas very soon.

When I left home I thought that our unit was handed an easy mission. Now that I have been through training and have a better idea of what to expect, "easy" would be a very poor, and incorrect adjective to use. I expect this to be the most demanding and stressful experience I have experienced or ever will experience in my life.

Being away from home sure gives one a greater appreciation for family and friends. Not much else occupies my mind other than those two things. I am greatfull for you, your love and your support.

Well, I can't talk or write about what they have me doing here so I really don't know much of what to say other than I am doing well and thankfully have had no injuries.

The weather has been really good except for the first few days when it decided to dump on us. Thankfully we were in the classroom for most of it.

I want you all to know that I am greatful and honored for the opportunity to serve my country. All that is near and dear to me is largely made possible because of the freedoms we enjoy here.

I also want you all to know that I know there is a God in heaven, who is our Father, that loves us and watches over us. I have felt his presence and love very strong this last month. I know that his son, Jesus Christ lives as well. I know it, there is no doubt in my mind, and I put my trust in him.

-Joe"



Joe is a good friend of ours from our years spent in Idaho. He and his family now live in California (near Auburn). They are a wonderful family and we keep them in our prayers.

We also know others serving...friends and family members. We are grateful for all of their sacrifice. For their love of their country and fellow Americans. They serve us daily, often times putting their lives in harms way to protect our rights and freedoms. What would our lives be like if it weren't for these brave men and women?

Remember them, pray for them and support our troops!

No comments: