I don't really have anything to say. But I felt like "blogging"...
Today is Acadia's first school picture day. I put her hair in curlers again last night so her hair is really cute this morning. Did I ever post the pictures from when she had her hair in curlers last time? It was only a week or so ago. Well, if I can find the camera and memory stick then I'll post them.
I didn't know how big of a package to get for the pictures. Originally I was just going to get the very smallest, I still hope to get us to Sears for our annual portraits. Since I don't get to choose the school picture that we end up with I didn't want to buy a huge package. But Ryan convinced me to get a decent package: "It's her first school picture...you can't replace that." I ended up getting enough to give a 5x7 to our parents and maybe some litte ones to a few other people. We'll still go to Sears soon. If the school pictures are really bad, we can refuse them and get a refund.
Today I meet with my "sponsor" (PartyLite) to go over my starter kit. I had gone over basics with the unit leader last week. But there are so many things that I still don't know what to do with so I asked my sponsor to help me out. She'll go over all the forms, helps, etc and help me place my first supply order. That's supposed to be in 20 minutes.
Later I need to pick Acadia up from school, go to the post office, and also meet with my visiting teaching companion to take a card and goodies over to one of our sisters for her birthday. She is less-active and we haven't managed to get in to visit her lately. Either she is really busy or is avoiding us. We'd really like to find a way to get through to her and let her know we really care and want to be her friends. Hopefully we will see her today.
I just got a call from Acadia's school nurse. Cadi got her hand caught in a door today and her middle finger is sore and swelling. She can bend it and squeeze the nurse's hand. The nurse says it should be fine, but very sore. She suggested that Acadia could stay and finish school but I should keep my eye on it when she comes home. I talked to Cadi, she says she wants to stay. Pictures haven't been taken yet, I asked if she would still be able to smile and look pretty for the picture even with her "owie", she said yes. I told her now she had a story to tell Daddy about when she got hurt. (She often will ask him to tell her stories of when he got hurt as a boy.)
Mount St. Helens is being boring today. Yesterday she had an erruption and earthquakes did resume, but today the earthquakes have decreased alot. They still expect she will continue to have activity for awhile. But only time will tell. Today is a good day for her to rest since it is rainy and none of the cameras can get a very good shot of her anyway. :lol: Up until now, it has been bright and clear out. It should be cloudy off and on for a few days at least. We'll just wait and see.
I guess that's enough for now. I need to get ready for Sharon to come over. And I just realized I never ate breakfast.
2 comments:
Mom commented 10/06/04:
Poor Cadi's finger! I am glad that she is a good brave girl. Cry a bit ( I would guess), and then go on. Good for her! (I hope, however, she does not try to top her Daddy in the hurt story department!)
I don't think you put up pictures of Acacia with her hair curled. But let me tell you, I don't think you could put up too many! So let us have it.
Are you going to go premium with Photobucket? I am going to have to!
Ryan is a good dad. You will be glad that you got a decent package - and so will I!
Good luck with your PartyLite. I like candles and all, but I am either too poor or too cheap ( or both) to go that route. I am content to burn grocery store candles once in a while and not feel like I am burning the bank. (Besides I am afraid of setting fire to the house) I know that you really appreciate and enjoy them, so that is the main thing. I hope you find lots of like-minded people to have parties with!
I decided not to worry too much about you and Mt St Helens. :wink: I hear that Mt Hood has been rumbling. How far away is that? Not so far, is it?
And David is down by earthquake central. I think I am getting more grey hairs.
I love you. It did my eyes good to see you guys even for a short while. I hope Thanksgiving works out.
I could burn candles more if the house was cleaner, maybe I should get to work.
I commented 10/06/04:
Well, you now know someone with a 50% discount on all wax from PartyLite, if you ever want anything...let me know. I think earlier this year you said you would be interested in holiday candles...
I haven't heard about Mt. Hood today. I have only heard how St. Helens is being quiet now. Hood is closer, though I don't know how many miles. I still don't worry much about Hood either. We are still not close enough to fear too much. Erruptions would affect us, but not put us in danger.
I think the quakes in CA are a little scarier. They come with no warning and can vary in strength. Pray. The Holy Ghost is a wonderful comforter and will help us know not to worry.
My day has been hectic, but I will still try to get photos up later.
Love to all of you too, we're hoping for Thanksgiving too. We'll let you know.
Post a Comment