Friday, April 30, 2004

What's been going on.

Well, I'm giving up on the photos for now. So, here's what we've been up to while we're visiting Sacramento.


We spent Saturday night and Sunday with Ryan's mom, Susan and step-father, Farl. I already posted a little about that. On Monday we went to my sister, Ruth's house. We visited with family there and had dinner and Family Home Evening that night. I already posted a little about that too.

On Tuesday, we went to the zoo with Susan and Farl. I have pictures of that and I'll have to post them later. We had fun. It was a little warm, but we were only out during the morning so it wasn't too bad. That afternoon, we headed to my friend, Heather's house in Rocklin. We were there a little early, so Ryan got some prescription sunglasses that he's been wanting. Then we had dinner with Heather, her husband Steve, and her parents Tim and Janet. It was good to visit with them. Steve had to get up early so he went to bed and we went to the hot tub. :thumb:

After staying the night, we went back down to Sacramento and met my parents and younger brothers for lunch at Garbeau's, a dinner theater. They were doing a performance of Cinderella and serving a buffet lunch. It was fun and Cadi really liked it! Later that day, Ryan took a flight up to Vancouver to work Thursday-Saturday. Cadi and I stayed with my sister again and we talked about our trip to Florida later this year.:grin:

Thursday we hung out with most of my family. We made up a list of items for a Scavenger Hunt and headed to the mall in two groups, each with a digital camera to capture the items. We were most of the way through our list of items (things like striped shirt, couple holding hands, someone in uniform, litter, etc.) when some mall security told us we couldn't take pictures of store fronts or items. So, we decided to abandon that quest and head to McKinley park for a new one. We made a new list of things to look for and started out again. It was fun and it was a very close game! The kids got to play on the playground while Esther ate lunch and then we headed over to Fresh Choice for lunch.:lick: We had a fun time! Later, we met up at Ruth's house for homemade pizza for dinner.

Today will be mostly a relaxing day. We are going to just hang out, stamp, watch movies, etc. Cadi and I will head back to Heather's tonight and stay over again. Tomorrow is a big community yard sale in her neighborhood, so we're going to scavenge for deals! I love a bargain!:thumb:

Cadi and I miss Ryan terribly:cry:. But we are enjoying family while we're here and we look forward to seeing him on Sunday morning. We love you Ryan!:kiss:

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Ryan commented on 4/30/04:

I love you, too. I can't wait to see you. I have a surprize for you. It started out as something thoughtful but turned out to be funny instead. You'll have to wait til Sunday to find out what it is. :wink:

Ryan