I don't know of many people who "like" to be asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting. I don't "mind", but it's not my favorite thing to do, and once I've committed to it, it's no fun until it's done. lol It's scary! Talking in front of a bunch of people - and about spiritual things... That's not easy! But that was the assignment we were given and though it's not fun, it is scary, and intimidating, we were grateful for the opportunity. Can't explain why really, just that it's such a blessing to be a part of the Lord's church. It's a blessing to get to participate in the work, even when it's doing things that are scary, hard, or unpleasant.
My topic was pride, so keep that in mind as I tell you how proud I am of Acadia! She performed her first Sacrament Meeting piano solo as the musical number today. For those who have heard the cd that she and I made a few years ago, she played the same arrangement of "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" that I played on that cd. She has truly come a long way in developing her talent. I am so proud of her for accepting the assignment, for working hard on developing and increasing her talents, and for having the courage to go through with it! She was SO NERVOUS!!! But she did a wonderful job! I am so incredibly pleased with her!!!
Ryan spoke about increasing spiritual growth through scripture study. Both his topic and mine were among the topics our ward council had selected to be discussed during our ward conference, so Ryan and I both turned to the talks given back in February to use as a reference point. It's hard to go wrong when you're using such great material to base your talk on!
But the best part now, is that it's over! We can all breath a little easier now. *deep breath out* :)
Now time to start working on my lesson for RS in two weeks... :S lol
2 comments:
I'm so sorry we missed it, we had our stake conference today so I totally forgot it was today! Glad to hear it went well though!!!
That's okay! We'll have to make her play it for you guys the next time we're all together. ;)
Looking forward to this weekend! YUM!!! Easter dinner... I am NOT counting calories that day! lol
Post a Comment