Monday, April 18, 2011

Lovin' Spring

I love spring! 

It is so beautiful here and I love watching all of the plants begin to bloom.  It's fun to watch all of the stuff I planted last year come back again this year.  Last year, my friends and I did a major overhaul on my front yard and this year I'm finishing the job.  We left the section that was home to my roses, surrounded by tons of rock.  So far, in the last week or so, we've removed most of the rock and I've started planting more flowers.  The next area I need to polish up is under my cherry tree, it needs more.  It's so fun to go look at plants and flowers and figure out where to put them in my yard. 

After I'm done with the front, I'm going to work on the back.  I did get some areas worked on last year, but I've still got other areas that need to be cleared away and turned into flower beds.  And in a couple more weeks I'll be planting more in my vegetable garden; I already have peas, onions, and strawberries going, I plan on adding green beans, carrots, zucchini, cucumber, and corn.  Possibly raspberries, too.

What about you?  What do you love about spring?  What are you planting in your flower or vegetable gardens? 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you moved!!! I some how missed that you moved your blog - i need to go change my blog roll then :-D

Love your post and so fun that you're getting your garden going. Being in a new place we're having fun finding out what's hidden in our yard. :-D

GoofyJ said...

by the way - the J was me (GoofyJ technically, I was logged into my piano email account and forgot to change it).

Sariah said...

I did! I have! lol I was forced. I liked my old blog but they are closing doors. So now I'm here! :)

It is fun to move and then find out what pops up the next spring! :)