99 Days ago, I issued a challenge to the sisters in our ward to read the Book of Mormon by today. This morning, I read the final chapter in the Book of Mormon where an ancient prophet bore his last testimony before sealing up the records. I then got up and listened to living prophets and apostles today as they bore their testimony about our Savior and His gospel. We had a beautiful Easter Sunday, filled with the good word of God, good friends, and good food.
I love the Book of Mormon. I love the spirit I feel when I read it and the way that spirit accompanies me throughout my day. I love the gospel and the peace and joy it brings to my life. I love the prophets, those I read about in the scriptures as well as the ones I see on my TV while watching Conference.
Tomorrow is day 100. So, what now? In the last 99 days I've developed a habit of reading each morning before I get up and get busy with my day, and tomorrow will be no different. It won't be day 100, but back to day 1 to start all over again. If you read these last 99 days, what will you do tomorrow? I hope you will start again. Even if you go at a slower pace, I hope you will continue to read and ponder the scriptures each day. And for those who did not read with us, it's never too late to start. If you would like to follow the 99 day challenge, there's the link to the program.
We certainly had a fabulous Easter weekend and I do have more to blog about: egg hunts, making new friends, trying new recipes, and of course my notes from General Conference. Give me a day or two, I'll get to it. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment