Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Almost made it a whole week...

without posting, but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't stay away. ;)

I've been busy, but as usual, I don't really have much to show for it. lol Isn't that the life of a mom? ;)

I love my family so much! I love my girls! I love my guy! I feel so blessed to have them. I just can't express that enough.

I'm leaving and it's not the first time, but where I'm going will be a first for me. I'm heading to Women's Conference! In the past, I've taken little "girl getaways" and I am so grateful for them and for my husband who supports that, but that's not what this trip is about for me. At least not this year. The past "getaways" I've taken were truly that - get aways. Moms get really tired! And sometimes I feel really overwhelmed and worn out. Girls Night Out and Girls Getaways are a way for me to take a break, recharge, and be ready to get back in the game. They are awesome!

This time, I don't need that so much. But I really think I could use the spiritual blessings of Women's Conference. I am so happy to be a mom and a wife and even a housewife, but I can get weighed down at times with other responsibilities in my life right now, and this, I hope, will be the perfect little getaway in regards to that. This trip will be uplifting, inspiring, and a source of strength for me. At least, I have every right to believe it will. ... No pressure, speakers. ;)

I am so excited to go! I'm so excited to learn and grow! I'm so excited to share this experience with my friends! But I'll miss my family. And even though I'm not looking for a break from them, I'm sure I'll still come back a better wife and mother.

So... BYU, here I come! Now I need to go to bed; we leave in 5 hours.

No comments: