Rori's dance class is very informal but it's perfect for her! They performed 5 songs. For the first song, she was down at the end of the line of dancers and she just stood there grinning from ear to ear, looking back and forth from me with the camera and Ryan with the camcorder. lol I kept motioning for her to look at her teacher but she was just shell-shocked, I think. All these people were staring at her (or so it seemed to her) and she was LOVING IT!!! She hardly did any of the dance though. lol After that, she was in the middle of the line and had her teacher right infront of her and she did great from then on out.
One of her favorite songs to perform was I Wanna Be a Dog. It was really cute!
At the end of the recital, the teacher gave all of the dancers a certificate and a goodie bag. Then, as is tradition in our family, Ryan had a special gift for her first recital...
Just for fun, I dug out the pic of Ryan giving Acadia flowers after her very first dance recital:
And I have to share these, they are my favorite pictures of the day:
We went straight from Rori's dance recital to Acadia's piano recital. She really did fantastic! She played two songs and one was one that she struggled with since the day she was assigned it. But she worked really hard and did a very good job! Here are the pics for now, I will post video later.
I am so proud of both of the girls! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment