Monday, May 18, 2009
This is me, backing off.
It appears that Rori is simply not interested in anything having to do with the potty, for now. That's okay. She still doesn't want to go to the bathroom in her diaper either, but what can I do about that? A friend suggested taking her diaper off and letting her run around naked, maybe without the diaper on she would use the potty chair as her only option (it would be my luck that she'd just use the floor, but I was willing to give the suggestion a try) but when I tried it, Rori had a fit and insisted on wearing the diaper. I agreed with her because it's just not worth all of this. She's getting all of these negative feelings about potty training and so I think we just need to back off. In another month or two maybe she'll be ready to try again.
Our only problem is that she is still needing to go to the bathroom, (mother nature's not backing off for her) so she continues to cry and complain almost nonstop. She just keeps trying to hold it in! Stubborn little girl. I don't know what to do but wait now. I hope she gets over this fear, I really don't know what else to do. It's rather annoying/frustrating. Why do kids insist on doing things the hard way? When she tells me it hurts (when she's holding it in) I tell her that I know how to make it not hurt but she doesn't like my idea (just letting it out!) and keeps on trying it her way. Stubborn, stubborn child.
Again, reminds me of that post I made a few weeks ago. I am trying to be patient with her because I realize, I'm just as stupidly stubborn about some things, too. :S
At this point, I don't know if there is anymore advice out there. But what I bet would help even more are prayers. It seems so silly, but if you feel so inclined, would you pray for her to feel safe and comfortable going to the bathroom again? I'm putting it in the Lord's hands now.
Labels:
:(,
Aurora,
health,
parenthood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment