Saturday, May 2, 2009

"I like to look for rainbows..."

This afternoon, Acadia headed down to Portland to attend the baptism of a friend of hers.  As we were leaving, it began to rain.  After a couple of minutes, I saw a curtain coming toward me, I held onto the steering wheel and braced us for the downpour.  And man, did it pour!  It wasn't very long, but it just dumped on us for a minute or two.  After it cleared a bit, we heard a *severe storm alert* on the radio.  Thanks for the warning. lol  After that, there was a little rain, but that was pretty much it.

We arrived at the church and had a wonderful time at Kellie's baptism.  Kellie is a girl Cadi's age who has been learning about the church.  The missionaries asked Acadia and I to go with them a couple of times when they taught her and Kellie often sits with us at church.  She's a sweet girl and has been wanting to be baptized for awhile.  We were so happy to be a part of her special day.

One of the songs we sang has these words:

I like to look for rainbows, whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain,
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.


As we were leaving to come home, there was a beautiful rainbow over the city.  Infact, it was a full double rainbow and it was really bright!  It was the perfect touch. :)

I took this photo before the baptism.  Cadi's kinda squinting/blinking, but ignore that. lol

No comments: