Friday, May 15, 2009

I need your brilliant ideas!


And even if you're not a Twilight fan, you can probably still come up with creative suggestions that I wouldn't think of.

Here's the thing: Acadia wants to have a Twilight party for her birthday next month. I'm looking for fun, creative, appropriate, and hopefully inexpensive ideas for: invitations, decorations, party games, cake, food, party favors, etc.

This is what I have so far, but keep in mind, even though I have some ideas, I'm open to more:

•I'm thinking of making my own invitations, going with an elegant look. I'd use black, white, and red papers, ribbons, and ink and use the same font that "Twilight" is written in.

•For decorations, I'm thinking about black and red streamers, a Twilight poster or two, red and black tablecloth/plates/napkins/etc, red/black/white candles, maybe creative apple decorations(? any helpful ideas on this one?), possibly white "twinkle lights", etc.

•Party games: We will not be watching the movie because there won't be enough time. All of the guests will have already seen the movie. So, probably a Twilight trivia game, maybe a word scramble using twilight words/names. Again, other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

•Cake... I'm torn on this. I can get an edible Twilight picture to have placed on a standard 1/4 sheet cake. Or, we could have a red velvet cake. I welcome opinions/ideas to help us decide this one. I might even be open to making it myself... if it's super-duper easy. But it has to be foolproof!

•Food... This could be fun. I thought maybe a chocolate fondue with fruit - especially strawberries. Apples as decorations or to eat. If we have a meal, possibly pizza? (You know, Italiana... I know, it's a stretch. lol) Red Vines (Bella eats them in the movie). Red punch. More ideas please!

•I have some Twilight pens and buttons (pins) with Twilight characters on them for favors, and I'm thinking about getting Twilight bookmarks, but I'm open to more (INEXPENSIVE) ideas.

•We will have our Twilight Soundtrack playing in the background. :)

So please share with me all of your creativity! We're most likely having the party at our house in the evening (you know, around Twilight ;) lol).

THANK YOU!!! :)

No comments: