Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Weather

We've been enjoying quite the storm here this weekend!  We got about 8 inches of snow yesterday!  It was very powdery so we didn't get to build snowforts, snowmen, or even snowballs.  But it's still beautiful!  Overnight, we switched from snow to freezing rain, so now there is a nice layer of ice covering everything.  It was almost comical to watch Simon go out this morning to do his "business".  He'd take a step, slip, then you'd hear a thud as he fell through the ice layer and into the snow.  Poor pup... lol.  I wish I had gotten it on video.  (I know, I'm mean. lol)

The girls and I have been having fun winter evenings cozy in our home watching Christmas "chick flicks" with the neighbor girls.  On Friday night, we watched Holiday Inn and last night we watched White Christmas.  Quite appropriate, as we kept glancing out the window to see this:

Snowfall

Here are some more winter weather pics... too bad it's just going to start raining later and wash it all away before Christmas.  :(

Winter Wonderland

Picnic Table

Simon's path this morning.

Out our front door.

In our front yard.

My rose is froze!

Icicles

This is a cute little turtle figurine that goes at the bottom of our rainspout right by our front door.  It's under the house eave so it didn't get completely covered by snow, but I love that it is halfway covered, lol.

Icy Kiss

Ryan's been at work all night, covering for a co-worker who was taking it off for the holiday.  He should be on his way home now; he had to give another co-worker a ride in because they didn't have chains for their car and chains are required on all vehicles on all streets in the Portland area.  Fun times! lol

Needless to say, church has been cancelled today.  We fell behind on some of our daily Christmas devotionals this week, so I think we'll catch up on those today.  I hope wherever you are, you are keeping safe and warm!

No comments: