Sunday, December 21, 2008

Still Frozen

Yesterday's forecast said that we'd have freezing rain that would turn to normal rain in the afternoon today.  From then on out, we'd just have rain which would wash all our snow and ice away.

Surprise, surprise, the forecast has changed yet again!  We did have freezing rain earlier, but then we got some more snow.  Not a lot, but a healthy dusting.  We're just now getting more precipitation and we're just waiting to see which form it comes in.  It could be either up to another 1/2 inch of ice (which is worse case scenerio) or a few more inches of snow (the better case scenerio).  As I type this, we're getting a mix of freezing rain and large snowflakes. lol  Regardless, we are definitely not thawing out today.  At this point, it's questionable if we'll thaw out within the next couple of days! 

Perhaps, just maybe, could we hold onto some of this white stuff to have another White Christmas?  We shall see!

In the meantime, it's really making a mess of the highways around here.  It's a good thing we're not going anywhere.  And it's also a good thing that we have chains to get anywhere we do need to go.  I do feel bad for friends who were either planning on going to family or having them come here though, their Christmas plans have really been altered. :( 

I know it's Sunday, but we let Cadi go out to play in the snow with the neighbors today.  We rarely get this much snow at once and we don't really expect it to last much longer.  Though, now it looks like it'll be around longer than we had originally thought.

I went out with my camera to take more pics...
Picking up slabs of ice from the ground and off the cars.

Ice, ice, baby!

Is it my imagination or does Acadia have a beard?

Slipping and Sliding on the icy walkway.



To me, this picture just screams "Christmas!"...
Iced Snow Berries

Our neighbors' perfect Christmas tree in their yard.











I tried to take this pic to show you how thick some of this ice is, but it's kind of out of focus so it's hard to tell.  A lot of the ice is about 1/4", but this piece I picked up was at least 1/2"!

No comments: