Well, this is it. In about 12 hours, we'll be sitting on a plane getting ready to take off. I'm so not ready!
I had managed to get all the laundry done that I needed and was getting a good start to the day this morning when Rori stopped everything dead in it's tracks. She was constipated. At least, that was my best guess. It was either that or a UTI, but she didn't have a fever and it seemed the pain was more inside than something passing through. She kept crying and pushing at her abdomen, saying, "poop". :( I opened up a bottle of juice and started to push as much on her as she'd let me, gave her a warm bath, tried moving her legs like they tell you to do for babies, even gave her some children's pain medicine. Nothing seemed to help her, so finally I called the doctor's office for advice. If we weren't getting on a plane in one day, I would have waited a little longer, but I just didn't want to risk anything. They gave me a few more tips and thankfully, something worked and she was back to her happy self. And not too long after that, I had a diaper to change. I'm not sure when the last time I felt so relieved to change a messy diaper. lol
Now that Rori's situation had been resolved, I had to get back to packing. It's so hard to pack when you know there are still items you'll need to be using so I'm trying to keep a list of things that I need to make sure get in the bags before we leave: toothbrushes, cell phones and chargers, Rori's blanket and "fish", etc. I just hope I don't forget anything!
I'm not sure what kind of internet access we'll have while we're gone. If I get the chance, I'll try to blog something. Otherwise, I'll have lots to share when I get back! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment