Thursday, December 6, 2007

Well it's about time!

Look, I take A LOT of pictures!  And when you take so many pictures, it takes awhile to edit and upload them all!  Thank goodness Photobucket has a bulk uploader now! lol

Unfortunately, I'm simply not going to be able to recap our trip to Sacramento.  (Well, I may do a brief - VERY BRIEF - recap.)  But I will put up links to see all our pics.  A warning though... I was a little sloppy as I uploaded the pics, they are not in chronological order.  :(  Currently, they are not even titled but I will try to get to that since some of the pictures could use some explaining. lol

Our trip down was pretty good.  We even have a few pics.

We started in Lincoln, visiting my friend Heather.  Heather is pretty darn amazing and I'm lucky to have a friend like her.  She and her husband are slightly insane though.  We joke that they've lost their minds but that their hearts are big enough to make up the difference.  They adopted 3 children in the last year and just added four more to their family!  If all goes well, these will all be adopted too!  Pics from visiting with Heather.

The next day, we arrived in Sacramento.  We stayed with my sister and her family which was a lot of fun.  The kids were really cute playing together.  I even did a little bit of stamping for the first time in a couple of years!  Here are pics from staying at Ruth's house. (I especially love Rori trying to play the piano with her feet! lol  I have NO IDEA where she got that idea but it CRACKS ME UP!!!)

On Wednesday, we took the kids to the park to meet with some of my sister's kids' playgroup.  Playing at the park pics.

Thanksgiving was busy!  We started the day with Ryan's family doing the Run to Feed the Hungry.  We love participating in this each year and had a really nice time.  We didn't exactly "run" this year, but it was still fun to participate!  Ryan made sure to notice that while last year he was beat by a power walker, this year he was beat by a paraplegic. lol  Run to Feed the Hungry pics.

After we took our showers and cleaned up, we headed over to one of my other sister's house to have dinner with my family.  While we were there, we met my dad's fiancee.  She seems really nice and it was good to visit with her.  Unfortunately, dinner was delayed and then someone placed the meat thermometer in the wrong spot so it read inaccurately, delaying it even more.  When all was said and done, we needed to go back to Ryan's mom's house before we got to eat dinner.  That was a bummer but there are worse things.  Thanksgiving isn't really about the food anyway, right? :)  We had a nice visit with everyone though - both at my sister's and at Ryan's mom's.  Here are pictures of us hanging out on Thanksgiving Day.  Again, the pics are out of order, sorry!

On Friday, we went up to the Sacramento Temple with the girls and walked around taking pictures while some of my family were inside.  Ryan and I had planned on going through a session with them, but someone (we won't mention names but his name starts with a "R", ends with an "N", and has "YA" in the middle!) forgot his recommend in Vancouver!  We still had a really nice time and got some really nice pictures with the girls there.  Pics at the Sacramento Temple.

After the temple, my family headed to Fairy Tale Town.  It is a little park that has a Nursery Rhyme Theme.  The kids had a BLAST!  In fact, I suspect most of the adults did, too. ;)  Fairy Tale Town pics.

We spent all of Saturday with Ryan's mom.  We went to the RailRoad Museum which was really fun!  They had some extra displays for the holidays that we really enjoyed!  Then we took the train ride and believe it or not, Santa was on the train with us!!! It was probably the best trip to the RailRoad Museum that I've ever had! :)  RR Museum pics.

And here are some other pics from when we were with Ryan's parents.  These are from a few different days.
Sunday we went to church with my family and had dinner with them.  And on Monday, Ryan and Cadi visited one last time with his mom while I stayed with Rori during a nap, packed up, and stamped with my sister.  We left the next day and had a very uneventful ride home. :)

I'm sorry that it took so long to post this and I'm sorry that I'm cheating and making you go look at the pics instead of just posting them myself.  If I posted the pics myself, I wouldn't be able to do it now and that means this blog would be even later.  So, I think this is a good compromise. ;)  I hope you enjoy them!

No comments: