Saturday, December 22, 2007

Awwwwww!!!

Alternative Title: Trying to stay on the "Nice" list.


Rori usually naps right after lunch for a couple of hours. Today I layed her down and that didn't really happen. A little bit later she's crying and I know she hasn't gone to sleep yet. I go in there and well, she's justified in crying since she needs a diaper change. Okay, all set, now lay back down and take your nap. I get back to my chores and awhile later she's crying again! I know she STILL hasn't slept yet so I'm not too happy. I lay her back down AGAIN! I do some more chores... Yep, she's still awake! It's now about the time she would normally be waking up! So I figure I might as well just go in and get her.

The conversation goes like this:

Me: "Should I get you up?"
Her: "Yep!"
Me: "Can you say 'please'?"
Her: "Eeeese"
Me: "Awww, okay."

I get her out and say, "Now you're suposed to say 'Thank you'."

Her: "Day Do"

Okay, she's forgiven! lol

I've been trying to get her to repeat those for me for awhile and she hasn't! She did try the "Thank you" on Halloween, but hasn't really tried here at home. So... good time to start! lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another nice story...

Acadia is still sick (that's not the nice part) and yesterday I found out that her best friend is sick now too. Today Cadi called her friend just to chat. While they were talking, I overheard Cadi say, "If you're sick on Christmas Eve, I hope I'm still sick. And if you're sick on Christmas Day, I hope I'm sick then, too. That way you don't have to be sick by yourself."

It makes me feel so good to hear her being such a sweet and caring friend. Not that being sick at the same time would really help anything... but it was such a sweet gesture!

I think both girls are still on the "Nice" list. ;)

No comments: