Thursday, December 20, 2007

One Monkey and One in Bed

Rori has been a crazy girl lately! On Sunday, she climbed out of her crib! She climbs on everything and usually tries to use whatever she's climbed on to reach something she shouldn't. Today I found her crawling on the dining room table, right next to the burning candle. Yesterday she was on the ottoman, pulling the little drawers open on one of our "advent calendars", looking for candies that are for each day. Everyday she pulls off about half a dozen ornaments from the tree - always the same ones, they seem to be her favorites. She also likes to pull bows off of presents. Fortunately, she hasn't thought to open any gifts yet. :) When you catch her "in the act", she looks at you with that big, sweet smile, waves, and says, "Hi!"

Cadi has been looking forward to her holiday show at school for weeks! She has practiced for us, told us all about the arrangements of who is paired up with who, gone over her costume, etc. Today she headed off to school with holiday colored nails and making sure to wear an outfit that would work with the costume she would be wearing. Two hours before the first performance I got a call from school, Cadi's sick! She has a temp of 100 degrees and wasn't feeling well at all. She kept telling them she didn't want to come home - she wanted to be in the show! But, of course that wasn't really a very good idea. So I picked her up and she came home. :( I feel so sad for her! She worked so hard for this show! There is another show later tonight and she is hoping I'll let her go but I just don't think that would be smart. Poor girl!

No comments: