Saturday, May 5, 2007

"Really Quick"

You know how sometimes you think, "I'll just do this really quick and that's it." But then, once you start that "one thing", you find yourself doing more? Yeah.

I was so tired and I was heading to bed, but before I did, I remembered that I really needed to start a load of towels. So I gathered all the towels from the bathrooms, bedrooms, and kitchen to throw in the wash. While I was doing that, I saw the sink half full of dishes and thought, "Hmm, I should wash those so I can throw the dishrag in too."

Of course, that meant unloading the dishwasher first. So I did. Then I washed the dishes and as I was washing the tray to Rori's high chair, I thought, "Oh! I need to also add the high chair seat cover to the wash too!" So I wiped down the counters (which I always do when I'm done loading the dishwasher) and went to take the high chair cover off the high chair.
Then I thought, "Wow, Rori really did make a huge mess when she fed herself dinner tonight... I should wipe down the whole high chair." So I did. And in the process, several wayward cheerios and puffs found their way to the floor. And even though Simon did get most of them, I thought, "I really should sweep, there are quite a few crumbs left."

So I did. I then started the load of towels.

Now, the thought did occur to me that I should also mop, seeing as how the dog had just "cleaned" the cheerios up off the floor... but let's not get carried away! I was just doing this "one thing really quick" and then heading to bed, after all!

No comments: