Saturday, May 5, 2007

Broken? Or just broken in?

We had to make our first non-well baby doctor's appointment for Rori yesterday.

On Wednesday, Rori pulled a step ladder over and in the process, her finger was pinched. I looked at it and it seemed fine. Then on Thursday, I noticed it was red, swollen, and it looked like she had gotten scratched when her finger was pinched. It wasn't bothering her at all, I could touch it and even put pressure on it and she didn't pull away or make any noises. She also didn't have a fever at all. So I decided to just watch it and see how it was in a day.

Yesterday morning it wasn't any worse but it also wasn't any better either. So I called the advice nurse and they told me that they wanted to see her, just in case. The only time they could get me in was at 4pm. That means we had to skip gymnastics (we're making it up on Monday, instead) to get to the appointment.

The doctor said to just put Neosporin on it 3 times a day (like right when she's going down for a nap so it doesn't get wiped off) and soak it once or twice a day (ie. baths). But she did also give me a couple of prescriptions in case that doesn't work. She said we should see a noticable difference in just a day or two.

So, Rori's officially been broken in. lol Oh, one cool thing about the visit was that we got to weigh her. She had her diaper on (normally she is weighed without her diaper) but I figure it's probably close enough. So as of yesterday, she weighs 18 pounds, 13 ounces... give or take a few ounces. lol

No comments: