Okay, a post about a little of everything...
Yesterday Acadia was sick. :( How unfair is it to be sick on a Saturday? Poor girl. She feels much better today though and that is definitely good! :)
Yesterday Ryan wasn't feeling well either. But he was a trooper and still went to work... late... but he went. Good boy. He is also feeling better. :)
As I mentioned on Friday, Aurora has begun to crawl and also is becoming (way too) good at pulling herself up to standing. Last night it was like a little light went on in her head, "I don't have to stay laying down when Mom puts me to bed!" ... so she didn't.
Two and a half hours. She would get up, play for a minute or two and then cry. And cry. And cry. Finally after a couple of hours we decided to just get her up. She sat up with us for about 30 minutes and then when I laid her down she went right to sleep. But this morning, bright and early, she was up at 6:30! All I heard were her fish turning on. lol Then a little before 7, she started crying. I changed her diaper and laid her back down but she just kept getting up and crying. UGH!!!
So, she went to bed REALLY late and then got up early. :( I just put her down for a nap and at the moment, I don't hear her getting up yet - I hope she actually takes her nap!!!
I do think this is just her getting used to her newly acquired skills. I really hope that after a couple of days she will not fight it so much and will just go to bed when I put her down and won't wake up at the crack of dawn just because she can. I really, really hope!!! lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This coming Tuesday is my DeMarle show. I don't know how many people can come, but I hope it ends up being a fun night no matter what. :) I really do like the product and want to get some stuff for us. I can't wait to get the muffin pan so I can throw my old one(s) away!!! I might even get rid of my Pampered Chef one since I don't use it - it is hard to clean the muffin cups in that! But with the DeMarle one, it's non-stick and even if there was something stuck in it, I could turn the cup inside out to make it super easy to clean! Plus - super easy storage, I can roll the thing up and stick a rubberband around it - hardly any storage space! :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is official. No trip to CA for spring break. :( I'm greatly disappointed with the whole thing. We didn't get the Thanksgiving week off last year (even though Thanksgiving and the day after it are paid holidays for us) and now we didn't get the spring break week either. At this point, we're not positive when our next visit to Sac will be. It will depend on whether or not Ryan takes classes this summer. :S
However, there is a silver lining. :) Since we will not be going to Sacramento for a week, we are instead taking the two days Ryan does have available that week to go to Seattle! It will be our first time there. I have a couple of friends that we will be meeting up with, one is letting us stay with them so that will be really nice! They will show us around a little and it will be fun just to visit and let the babies play. Poor Cadi will be the lone "big kid" but I think she can handle it. She's actually very excited to go and has already started packing! lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been working on getting all of my past blog posts copied to my computer and I'm going to be printing it all up... hundreds of pages worth (!!!). I used to do that before, but I stopped printing them up about a year and a half ago. I need to do that again, so I am! It is nice that I did it before because when I changed blog locations, I still had my past posts. This way, in the event that "something" happens to my blog, I will not have lost my "journal entries", since that's what they often are. :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been keeping at my weight loss challenge with my friends. And I've done pretty well so far. :) I'm down almost 10 pounds since our challenge began in February, down a total of 17 pounds since the beginning of the year! I still have a ways to go though, I'm not near where I want to and should be. I just want to get back down to the pre-pregnancy weight, not trying to get super skinny or anything. I just want to be healthy and fit. :) It's a work in progress, but I'm getting there! :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My trip to Utah is fast approaching! :D I can't wait to go hang out with my friends for a few days - KID FREE!!! I have a lot to do first though. I have to make sure my house is in order to make it easier for Ryan, who will be staying home from work to watch the girls for me. :) What a sweetie!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are anxiously looking forward to Acadia's birthday and baptism! Ryan's parents will be here for her birthday/Father's day weekend. And then my family will be coming up right after that for her baptism weekend. Our friend, Landon will definitely be coming too - plane ticket is purchased and it's a "go". :) He gets to stay for a couple of weeks and will be here for July 4th to play "pyro" with Ryan and my cousins. That will be a BLAST!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I think that pretty much catches everything up for now. I have a busy day ahead of me today. It is Fast Sunday and also BYC. Not that I really have to do anything for Fast Sunday, it just is. lol But I do have lots to do for BYC. I've finished most of it, but I have some loose ends to tie up and I need to get myself showered and dressed for church. Oh, and I just got a call that we'll be taking our neighbor's 4 kids with us because she's taking her hubby to the ER. Eeks, I hope he's okay! Okay then, I'm off! So... TTFN!
No comments:
Post a Comment