To start... I've been feeling Eärendil move. :) Not anything anyone else can feel yet, just movement inside. Fun! Usually at night or first thing in the morning, when I'm in bed. That's normal. I am looking forward to when Ryan and Cadi can feel it. But then, that means the "kicks" and such will be stronger... that's not always a pleasant feeling, lol.
Also... Acadia has been doing a few things that just make me proud. Last week she learned a new song and then sang it in front of all the Primary kids and then in front of all the young women at church. It was a duet. This was her first time singing in front of people, aside from all the times that ALL the kids in Primary sing to the congregation. She did such a good job! It was awesome!
She has also been reading so well! A long time ago she asked for a Book of Mormon of her own. We gave her an inexpensive copy (we'll get her a nice one when she's just a little older). She often takes it to church with her. She sometimes reads it at home. Awhile ago I found it in her backpack. I asked her about it and she told me that she likes to read it on the bus going to school. I am so happy that she loves it and that she is self-motivated to read it on her own. She is only 6 and can't possibly understand all of it. That is certain. But she loves how it makes her feel. Now, I had to suggest to her not to read on the bus because she had been getting sick at school everyday after getting off the bus. She was hesitant because she loves to read the Book of Mormon at that time. How do you argue with that? I told her that it was up to her. But I did tell her that because she was getting motion sickness, it would help if she just looked straight ahead at the road while riding the bus. (We had already moved her from the back to the front of the bus, but that wasn't enough.)
Acadia has also been reading a verse outloud each night when we read scriptures before bed. I am amazed at how much her reading skills have improved in just the last couple of months. She can read most of the verse by herself, even tricky words. She's sounding them out and getting used to the rythem of the scriptures. It has helped her with other books too. She can read Dr. Seuss books by herself now. I keep telling her that she is getting ready to read to her baby brother or sister.
Good stuff. She's a good girl, she'll be a great big sister!
3 comments:
Ruth commented 2/22/06:
That is so fun & exciting! Good job, Cadi! I know how you feel, Sariah. Esther has been doing a lot of new things lately, too. This month, she's learned to dress & undress by herself, take on & off her shoes & she has a "big girl" bed now (we just took off the side of her crib to convert to a toddler bed). It's great to see them growing up.
2/22/06:
Yay for Essie! I think Cadi is planning on reading to Esther when we come down for the wedding. (I hope Esther will be interested... if not, then Jared - he won't be able to get up and walk away, lol.)
Miriam commented 2/22/06:
Good for you, Acadia! I am so proud of you!
I think Esther will enjoy having Cadi read to her. Esther likes stories. Sometimes she likes you to read the same one several times.
Post a Comment