Monday, September 12, 2005

Two days in One post

We were really lucky to have Landon pretty much all to ourselves from the time he got off of work on Wednesday until he had to go back on Monday morning.  But even when he had to work it wasn't all bad.  It gave me time to do laundry and get organized since we were leaving the park on Wednesday.

There isn't quite as much to report on for those days, I may actually cover more than one day here...

Monday, August 29, 2005

This has been the perfect vacation so far. I hate that it is almost over.

Today Ryan is hiking and he should be back around the time that Landon gets off of work. Cadi and I are at Landon's. We did dishes and laundry. Landon surprised us by coming home at lunch. I told him about Ryan's hike, he doesn't think Ryan will be back on time. We'll see.

(Later)

Cadi and I ran errands. As soon as we opened the door to go out we saw a deer eating bushes in the area right outside. We have seen tons of deer - all over. We saw a mom with twins the other day. They are not afraid of humans at all, so they are often very close to where people go.

This morning when Cadi and I got up to go to the restrooms, we saw 2 deer walk right through our campsite. On the way back, one walked right across our path.

When we got back from errands, just now, we found a deer right in front of Landon's door.





It's cool. There are bears and wolves and mountain lions around, but we haven't seen any. I don't want to see the mountain lions. If it weren't for them, I'd like to try a night hike. But I'm a wuss.
At camp we do see tons of stars. It is beautiful. So far I've seen at least 6 shooting stars. Plus one bright flash - I have no idea what it was. It was a pin point like a star or something, but it just flashed brightly once and was gone. Ryan saw it too. (Ryan says it was a shooting star that was heading toward us instead of across the sky. Cool.)

From Friday, September 2, 2005 journal entry:

Monday, Ryan's hike was good. He was only a little late coming back and he was pretty sore. We saw a black bear right off the side of the road after I picked him up from the trailhead.

Ryan had the camcorder with him on the hike and I grabbed a bunch of pictures from it to share. It must have been absolutely gorgeous up there, the pictures are really pretty.















That night we had Landon with us at the campfire again. It was super windy at first, but eventually it died down.

Landon's pretty creative. We started playing a game where we looked up at the stars and challenged each other to find different pictures. Landon always found them. Ryan did better than me, I was the loser. :( (Landon: But at least in the end I gave you that alligator in the stars!) I suppose it shouldn't have been so hard, there were so many stars, how could you not connect a few to make pictures?

We had fun. But all good things must come to an end...sometimes it is a late end. Ryan took Landon home pretty late. But we were running out of campfires left, we had to make the most of it, right?

Tuesday we went into town while Landon worked. We bought a SUPER CUTE polar bear nativity. And we bought Acadia a big stuffed horse - for way more than it should have cost! But then, the nativity was probably more than it should cost too. I guess we are both spoiled!

Landon was packing up his stuff and saying good-bye to a friend in the evening. I brought him back to camp when he was ready and we had our last campfire in Waterton. Unfortunately, it was a very short campfire. The wood was awful! It burned our eyes so bad! While Ryan was putting Cadi to bed, Landon and I decided that we should spend the night playing cards in the tent instead.

But before that, Cadi put on a show. She did some interpretive dances. lol My favorite part was when she became a girl speaking Japanese! Too funny!!! I do have a couple pictures, though they do not capture her full cuteness.





She was a good helper that night. She went to get water and then helped Landon make drinks for us.







That night, the impossible happened - again! (It has only happened twice before - yeah, yeah I know that means it isn't "impossible" - get over it.) I won Phase 10 - and there was no cheating involved!!! Incredible!!!

Wow, I got two days in this post! Not bad. Check out more pictures from Ryan's hike or from the Canada Trip in general.

No comments: