On Saturday Landon took us to Red Rock Canyon.
It is one of his favorite places in the park. He likes the challenge of climbing the rocks, trying not to get wet. He took Ryan a little way in to do some climbing while I kept Cadi with me to play in the creek.
They had the camera, so I don't have pictures of her playing. The water was icy cold, but it didn't stop her! The creek bed was mostly smooth rock, much of it covered in light moss. That made for kind of a fun water slide at parts of it!
Later the boys came back and took Cadi to a water hole. I stayed behind with the camera and went down the creek a little more to take pictures. It was really pretty. They had fun in the water hole and I guess I kind of wish I had gone with them, but I really like some of the pictures I took.
Later, we went to Cameron Lake and took a rowboat out on the water. When we got there, I video taped Cadi and asked her where we were. She answered, "Cameron Lake." "Cameron Lake? Who is it named after?" "Cameron." (That makes sense.) "Cameron? Who is Cameron?" "Landon." "This lake is named after Landon?" "Uh huh." lol
Okay, the first half of the rowboat ride was kind of boring for me. I was in the front. I started out there with Cadi but after just a few minutes, she left me to go hang out in the back with Landon. Ryan was behind me, but facing the back because he was rowing. So everyone else was back there and I was by my lonesome in the front. (Does anyone feel sorry for me yet? Oh wait, there was one more thing...) Plus, I kept getting splashed by the oars. Bad. Every once in awhile someone else got a little wet, but no one got as wet as I did. And it was cold. (Okay, NOW does anyone feel sorry for me? You still don't? Tough crowd!)
I love this picture of Cadi!
Rowing was fun. We really did laugh quite alot. First of all, Ryan rowed the whole time. Now, my boy usually enjoys the rowing machine at the gym. You would think this would have prepared him to row us across one little lake. (Okay, not so little.) Hehehe We zigzagged and turned this way and that. We gave him a bit of a hard time. But he was a good sport and we all knew that none of us could do any better.
Landon saw Ryan working so hard that he got tired and decided to take a nap.
Landon did make himself useful here... We have a joke among the three of us that I won't go into because it really wouldn't sound that funny if I tried to explain it. But, out there on the boat (for some reason, I don't really know what started it) Ryan started doing some breathing exercises. And Landon managed to get some of it on film. I just hope Ryan doesn't get mad at me for showing it!
But even better than that was that I took video of Landon taking the picture. Including of the moment he mimicked Ryan's picture. And thanks to my awesome Digital Camcorder, I took some pictures off of that video. And if Ryan gets mad at me for that last picture, it's nothing compared to what Landon's gonna do when he sees what's coming next! (Smile Landon - you know you love me!)
Oh my gosh, I am so dead! Moving on...
We laughed alot in that boat. At one point we were laughing to hard that I was crying. My abs hurt so bad! At least they were getting exercise, right?
Eventually I moved to the back and Acadia went to the front. I have to admit, it was a lot funner to be with Ryan and Landon instead of up in front by myself. And finally I would stop getting drenched by those dang oars (and the man behind them!). Well, almost. He still managed to splash me a bit - still more than everyone else. Maybe it was a sign of affection? Yeah, right.So when I joined the cool end of the boat... lol. Ryan started doing his Smeagol impressions. Funny! And I got it on video - and pulled off some pics to share. Imagine the split personality here...
Yeah, I love him!
So the lake was very pretty. We were out there as the sun went down, so not all of the pictures turned out as well as I would have liked, but this will give you an idea of what it looked like...
I guess we were taking longer than we were supposed to because no sooner had we started rowing back to the other side of the lake, when we saw a little dingy coming out toward us. 'Oh, they must be coming to tell us to start heading back,' we thought. Hehehe Oh no, they actually came to take us back themselves! They tied our boat to theirs and towed us back across. Man did we feel stupid! Poor Ryan, he was the one sitting in the "driver's seat", looking like he didn't have it in him to keep rowing! So not true, but that's what it looked like! So, what did we do? We laughed about it. (Of course.)
Once we got over how much we looked like losers, we enjoyed the (quick) ride back.
Once we were back on shore and took off our life jackets, I noticed Ryan was... uh... lactating. lol Or so it looked...
Again, we stayed up hecka late at the campfire! It was at least 3 am when we went to bed. Ryan, Landon, and I are a really good group I think. We can laugh and laugh. It is one of the best friendships I've ever had. And I really think a big reason why it is so awesome is because Ryan and I both get along with, love, and consider Landon one of our best friends. He is just family to us now, it is something Ryan and I both feel. I love that.
More pictures are available from Red Rock Canyon and Cameron Lake. Plus, you can see all the pictures we took in Canada by just snooping around in all the sub-albums yourself. Just don't get lost!
6 comments:
Ryan commented 9/11/05:
(This is Ryan typing)
Let me point out that in a small row boat loaded with people, only Sariah would claim to be "lonely." She must have noticed there was a one foot gap between her and the next person.
Oh, the humanity!
9/11/05:
"loaded with people" - Look there were 4 of us, and only 3 over the age of 6. But of the four, only ONE was left out of the conversation and fun for the first half of the trip! ME!!!
You are just trying to make yourself feel better because you know you were leaving me out! lol
Ryan commented 9/12/05:
The only conversation that I remember was everyone making fun on me because I couldn't row straight. You weren't talking because you were laughing so hard.
9/12/05:
LOL
That is partly true. But trust me, there was more than just talk about your rowing in that... oh I don't know... hour plus that it took for you to get us to the other side.
Ryan commented 9/12/05:
I think you were just going through withdrawals from having stopped talking. (hehehe) ROTFL I crack myself up.
9/12/05:
You crack all of us up... Let's review the pictures... your "breathing exercises", Smeagol impersonations, and let's not forget the lactating!
And that is in addition to your rowing abilities!
Post a Comment