We had fun at the Ape Caves on Saturday. It was nice and cool which was really nice since it was so warm that day! We started out on the easy trail, did that, then went on and did the difficult trail. Debi and I probably wouldn't have been able to complete it without at least one of the guys. Here are some pictures:
Yesterday we went bowling. It was pretty fun. We played two games and Ryan was the ultimate winner. After bowling, Ryan took me out to dinner while Landon and Debi watched Acadia. They were sweet and cleaned up the house before we got home. Then we all went to the river to find our log. I don't think I made an entry about it, but my sister did. Awhile back, we went to the river and found this long branch washed up on the shore. It extended out over the water. We started playing on it and challenged each other to crawl out to the end of it. It doesn't sound impressive, but believe me, it was scary! Our only regret is that we didn't have our cameras with us. So this time we took them.
Ryan was the first out then Debi went to follow.
When we did it last time, we did it one at a time. So once I started out to join them, we learned that it couldn't hold all of us. I felt it starting to tip and got off. They weren't so lucky.
Debi managed to hang on, but Ryan was completely drenched. He thought he'd "help" Debi experience the sensation by knocking her off.
But she foiled his plan by hopping down on her own and saved herself from a complete immersion.
We just got back from seeing Harry Potter. (Acadia went to a friend's house to play.) Now we are heading out to the park to play ball.
2 comments:
Tom commented 6/22/04:
Ryan's braver than me. I would never had gotten out on the log.
I commented 6/23/04:
Last time we were so scared! It took us awhile to slowly inch along. But this time the water was higher and they said it felt like they weren't up so high so it wasn't so bad. They got out there real quick.
Post a Comment