Monday, August 27, 2012

More Change

Recently, I was asked to switch roles at church.  I had been teaching the adult Sunday School class, and was really enjoying it.  I loved studying for the lessons and being the Gospel Doctrine teacher had quickly become my favorite calling at church!  I knew that since I was enjoying it so much, it was bound to end soon.  But I was really hoping that end wouldn't come until the end of the year.

Well, no such luck.  And at first, I was a little sad.  But then I found out where I'd be serving instead and I got very excited.  I've been called back into the Young Women organization, working with the 12-18 year old girls.  I'm now the YW secretary, which, in my opinion, is the best YW calling!  I get to work with all of the girls, no matter which class they are in.  And I get to be involved without having to do much of the planning or preparations.  I just have to try to keep everyone organized, but I've done it before and I'm pretty sure I can do it again. :)

I'm especially excited to serve in the YW at this time, because now my daughter is one of the young women!  I know it will be a special time, being able to share these experiences with her.

Hopefully, she feels the same. ;)

No comments: