One of the things I want to do someday, is to go to Epcot during the Christmas season. It was our original thought when we first planned this trip, but then we realized that taking the girls out of school for that long would be unwise. So, our plans changed and my dream remains. :)
However, even when not during the holidays, World Showcase is fascinating! 11 countries are showcased and we saw them all. Though, we had to do it over the period of a couple days. We began in Norway, where we had reservations at Akershus Castle to have breakfast with princesses (more on that later). But here we are exploring Norway while we waited for breakfast. Have you ever seen a viking princess? Well, now you have!
I don't have a collage for each of the countries, but Mexico did need it's own. We had a lot of fun in Mexico! First of all, it was all inside - hello, air conditioning! Plus, they just had a ton of stuff to look at and play with. With the bongos and maracas around, you know Aurora had some serious musical moments... yes, more dancing!
Oh, and I guess China will have to have it's own, too. I loved China... I loved SHOPPING in China! I came home with some beautiful jewelry from there. In fact, just a couple of weeks ago, my neighbor borrowed one of the jewelry sets to wear with her gown for Homecoming. It is such a good thing that I bought it. ;)
Here are some of the other countries we visited, too... Itay, US, Canada, and the U.K. The U.K was fun because they had an acting troop performing in the streets when we were walking by. They used volunteers from the crowd and got them to act along with them. It was hilarious! Other countries had various performers, too. It was so fun to watch!
And Morocco, Japan, and France (I didn't really have any pictures from Germany :S) ...
Okay, I LOVE this pic of Rori in Morocco! I kind of wish I had purchased them, at least the skirt. They had little coins on them, so every move she made resulted in a tinkling sound. She loved shaking her hips! lol If Ryan had been there to consult with, I bet we would have gotten it. I had hoped to go back, but we just didn't ever get back to that shop. Maybe someday... :)
A neat program they have for the kids, to help them to enjoy the World Showcases a bit more, is Kidcot. Each country had their own Kidcot station staffed by natives from that country. The kids could color a bear and get the handle and back stamped by each station. Those who purchased "passports" also got messages written to them in their native language. Acadia filled her passport and has something written in each of the languages. Poor Rori, hers was left in the hotel room the second day we went, so we didn't get all of hers signed. :S
Epcot is really, really cool. I didn't really appreciate it as much the last time we went to Epcot. This time I knew I would want to spend more time there. And now I know that I would like to spend even more. It was so interesting, beautiful, entertaining, and fun! Loved it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment