Monday, October 10, 2011

Disney - Epcot (Future World)

I will have to split Epcot into two seperate posts, there is just too much to cover!

I love Epcot!  Magic Kingdom is my favorite park, but Epcot is probably my second favorite.  It is practically two parks in one, which is why (and how) I will be splitting up my posts.  World Showcase will be coming later, so for now I'll focus more on Future World.

We had at least one meal booked everyday we went into Epcot, two of them breakfasts with princesses in Akershus Castle, and on those days, Aurora arrived dressed appropriately.  She kept her dress on for quite awhile after breakfast, so you'll mostly see her in it. :)


Spaceship Earth (the huge globe) is beautiful!  I loved it lit up at night and insisted on getting several pictures taken with it. ;)


One of the first things we did at Epcot was to go for a test drive on Test Track.  It was a fun ride, but we also had fun checking out the cars in the showroom afterwards.  Acadia found a new GMC Acadia and sat behind the wheel for awhile.  She is sure she will own one someday. lol


Another area we all really liked was The Seas with Nemo and Friends.  The aquariums were great and we had fun watching all of the fish.  I loved the dolphins!  We all absolutely love Turtle Talk with Crush, where Crush came and talked with the kids.  He learned about the human world and we learned about the sea turtle world.  Many of us have found ourselves quoting Crush... even as recently as this weekend.  Dude... he was awesome!  Of course, we also had to stop by and see Bruce.  It got a little intense when we found ourselves needing to remind him that girls are friends, not food... they barely escaped with their lives! ;)


In revisiting these photos, I found more of Rori dancing!  I believe we were waiting for Ryan and Cadi to get us some yummy treats :)  And I'm kind of cheating because technically, the dancing pics were taken in World Showcase.  So were the ones of us saving the world by playing Kim Possible.  In Innovations (the same place where Rori found a fire truck to play on), there was a station where they were enlisting guests to help save the world.  Well, you know us, we're all about saving the world! ;)  lol... So, we signed up, were given a country to report to, and there they gave us our communicator which directed us on our mission.  We followed clues, answered questions, witness suspicious activity, and even had our picture secretly taken before finally comleting our mission.  Yes, we definitely saved the world. ... You're welcome! ;)


One of my very favorite things at Epcot was not caught on film... Soarin'.  Oh my, I LOVED IT!!!  It was absolutely incredible.  We flew over California, smelled the orange groves, went back to Yosemite, saw the Golden Gate Bridge... it was amazing!  We went on it several times.  I could have gone on it several more times!  I look forward to doing that again! :)

Epcot cannot be done in one - or even two - days.  We were there three seperate days and still didn't see everything.  It is just a very cool park with amazing things to see and do.  Stay tuned... next will be World Showcase. :)

No comments: