Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Disney - Dancing

Aurora is our dancer.  She dances all the time.  If she hears music, no matter where she is, she starts dancing.  If she doesn't hear music, she makes her own and dances anyway.

One of the things I was really looking forward to with this trip, was taking time to enjoy those kinds of moments.  Disney has lots of musicians scattered around the parks and I knew that if we took some time to stop, we would instantly find great memories to be made.

Thankfully, we took advantage of that a few times.  I don't have all of them on film, but I do have a couple.

Our first day at DisneyWorld, inMagic Kingdom, I heard this pianist playing, so I redirected our family to walk ourselves past him on our way to our next attraction.  We stopped, he played, and Rori danced...


The pianist was great!  He kept playing faster, so Rori just kept dancing faster! lol  He joked that he couldn't keep up with her!  But he clearly loved that she was enjoying his music so much.

Another time I caught her dancing on film was while we waited to have dinner with Mickey Mouse at Chef Mickey's.  Another couple was waiting nearby and had a lot of fun watching her dance, too.  They said she reminded them of their grandkids. :)


The last dance session that I have photographed took place in Hollywood Studios.  We had stayed after hours and Disney Jr. had a huge dance party going on for the little kids.  Ryan and Acadia had gone off to ride some rides that Rori was too little for, so Rori and I attended the dance party while we waited to meet back up with them later.

It was like a night club for 3-6 year olds! lol  The lights were flashing, there were bubbles, fog machines, balloon animals, a DJ, and lots of really loud dance music!  Goofy, Pluto, and some of the Little Einstein characters were there, too!  Aurora was in heaven!  She absolutely LOVED it!!! 


Other dance memories that I don't have photographed (but some may be on video, which is even better!):
  • Whenever Rori saw stairs, she pretended they were a stage and danced at the top of them.  One was even in a store in Epcot; Cadi and I were looking at some of the shirts and Rori just kept dancing away on the stairs inside the store.  Whenever she did this, she would tell us that she was on stage and we should watch her and clap.  She usually had to make her own music in these cases, and often we had to guess what song she was singing/humming. lol
  • During parades, Rori got up and danced right along with the characters as they danced by.  One of the parades in Magic Kingdom is actually meant to be a street dance party, and at the end they have everyone dancing in the streets.  They even teach some dance moves to try out.  She liked trying their dance moves but always reverted back to her own. lol  Everyone had fun!
  • Often we had to tell Rori to stop or move because she would dance right in the middle of a walkway.  She even tried dancing on the bus! 
I absolutely loved watching Rori dance so much!  She was so happy!  She just felt it and couldn't contain it!  I hope she is able to retain some of those memories and feelings.  Hopefully a few photos and videos of those experiences will help. ;)

No comments: