Friday, August 6, 2010

To a Mountain with some Hills

My aunt and some of my cousins came with the girls and I this week as we visited Mt. St. Helens.  I know, I know... I've already said how much I LOVE Mt. St. Helens... so I won't go on and on again.  But, I will say that we had such a great time!  Here are lots of pics...







(FYI: In the pictures above, the ranger was showing a before picture (lower left) and then showing the bulge that grew on the north side of the mountain at a rate of FIVE FEET per day just before the erruption (lower right - those pics were taken from the same spot, one before the bulge started to grow and the other was taken the day before the erruption).  There was a lot of pent up gas in that mountain!!!)







It's pretty cool to have the opportunity to go back there so much.  It's neat to see how nature is working hard to rebuild and start over.  At the same time, it's humbling to see the lasting effects of that amazing blast.  Mother Nature is truly AWE-some!

No comments: