Thursday, September 3, 2009

My 5th Grader

I don't know how many other places do it like this, but up here, grade school only goes through 5th grade, and then middle school is 6th-8th grades.  Which means that this is Acadia's final year in grade school!  I think next year is going to be a little hard for me to grasp.  She surely can't be old enough for Jr. High!  And thankfully, for this year, she isn't. :)

Acadia is a great student and usually enjoys school.  This year she was excited for a couple of reasons.   First of all, she is excited to have Mr. Diano (the kids call him Mr. D. for short) as her teacher!  He is the teacher in charge of Safety Patrol so she has already worked with him for the last year and is excited to be in his class this year.  Mr. D. is fun!  He is just a big kid in a grown up body, but he knows how to get serious and get down to work, too.  He also is great with the kids.  I think this is going to be a fun and educational year for Acadia. :)

The other reason why Cadi is excited about school this year is that school starts later.  The schools in our district all did a little juggling and while some start earlier this year than last, ours starts later.  (I think it was primarily because of bus routes.)  That means she doesn't leave the house until 8:45 am.   Which means, she gets to sleep in an extra half hour.  Of course, that also means she gets out of school later, but so far all she cares about is getting to sleep in.  lol

Yesterday was the first day of this school year and of course I took pics:



The best part?  Well, I had to stop painting to take her to school, so I dropped her off, stood out front waiting for her to come out for safety patrol, and took pictures of her with her teacher, all the while looking like this:



Haha!  I love it!  I believe it is my God-given right, and even my DUTY, to totally embarrass her from time to time.  And this time, I did a pretty decent job of it. ;)

P.S.  There's a sneak peak at the new house color! :)

No comments: