Sunday, September 13, 2009

Help from our friends.

Here are some pics from our work yesterday. 



We are blessed with friends who generously worked with us most of the day to help us get as far as we did.  We're almost done now!  What's left: finish bracing the frame, laying the actual deck, installing the railing, cleaning and coating with a weather sealer.  Other than that, we're toying with our options on how we want to finish the awning.  We will likely shingle it, and blend the shingles in with the roof.  Ryan is also thinking about putting up a "ceiling" and possibly even installing canister lights in the awning.  Whatever we do, I will need to paint the underside as soon as he's done, but for now I'm trying not to think about that. ;)

Since some of our neighbors came over to help/watch, I wasn't the only one taking pictures.  I've tried to help throughout this whole process, though admittedly, what I have done has been really small compared to all that Ryan, Farl, and others have accomplished.  But finally I have pics to prove that I helped build our deck! lol



This is what it looks like right now. 



No comments: