Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Things that make you go, Hmmmm.

You really must listen to this.  It's a short audio from a radio talk show.  They asked people on the streets who they supported, Obama or McCain and then asked why...



Yeah, that doesn't make me feel any better about how things went down yesterday.  Isn't it nice to know that during such a historical and record-breaking election, so many of those voters really did their research and voted for the candidate that best represented their views?  Yeah. 

I think that is why I'm so disappointed in the results yesterday.  Not that Barack Obama was elected (okay... yeah, I am disappointed about that - I really just don't agree with his ideas), and certainly not that we elected a black man to be our president (I actually think that part is really cool).  I'm frustrated that many of the voters who supported Obama did it not even knowing where he stood on the issues.  That is so scary to me.  Don't people care about who they choose to lead us?  It seems mighty dangerous to choose a person just because he is young, hip, attractive, nicely dressed, and yes, black.  Call me crazy, but I just don't think those are good enough reasons to elect someone to be our president.

I don't think that every Obama supporter voted ignorantly.  I know many of the voters really did do their research and do believe in what he says and I totally respect that.  It's just the voters who DIDN'T, that I really have a problem with.  And I have to wonder, exactly how many of the Obama voters fall into that category?  If everyone had truly voted based on policies, who would be our President-elect today?  It's just a tad frustrating. ;)

No comments: