Thursday, November 20, 2008

They look better out of the box.

Seeing as how I showed you what all my decorations look like in their boxes/tubs, I figure I might as well show you what they look like out of their boxes and tubs.  :)

Right next to the front door in the entry:


The family room Christmas tree.  This is the tree that we decorate together and it consists of all sorts of different ornaments.  Homemade ornaments, souvenir ornaments from places we've been, gifts we've been given, etc.  It's pretty much full of memories. :)



Fisher Price Nativity.  The girls LOVE this nativity!  Rori has played with it almost nonstop.  She has a little step stool that has been parked right infront of it so she can reach all the way to the stable. 



The top of the desk.  I love the Old Village tea light houses!  And I also love my new nativity advent calendar (sitting in the cubby on the right).  I'm going to put little papers in each door with things to do that day to help us get in the Christmas spirit.  Such as: Sing a Christmas Carol, Perform a random act of kindness for someone, etc.



I love all of these nativities!  It's way too hard to pick a favorite.  The one in the top left is made out of wood from the olive trees in Jerusalem.  The one on the right under the Precious Moments nativity is from the Philippines.  The one on the far left is a new tealight holder I got this year because Ryan really liked it too, so I knew he wouldn't mind.  lol



I do have other decorations, not just nativities.  Here's proof:


Nativities in my front room:


One of my newest nativities, which I love, love, LOVE, on my new mantle. :D


And finally, our front room tree.  Nothing sentimental here, lol.  But I love how it looks. :)


There are a few others here and there, but these were the groupings worth taking pics of.  I love the feeling of Christmas, I love the look of the lights and decorations, I love the smell of the candles, each time I see any of these things it makes me so happy! :)

No comments: