Thursday, November 13, 2008

Swamped

Thanksgiving is in two weeks. For many, the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is hectic, busy, and stressful. For me, that time period is a piece of cake - it's these two weeks that are hectic, busy, and stressful!

In one week and two days, we are leaving for Sacramento where we'll spend the entire Thanksgiving week. We are really looking forward to our visit; we love spending time with family and friends! And for me, if I've managed my time beforehand right, it's the end of my stressful season and the start of the holidays as a wonderful, enjoyable time.

Like I said, IF I've managed my time right. And that means, right now I am SWAMPED! Before we leave, I have to have all of our Christmas shopping done, secret (and not-so-secret) projects finished, gifts wrapped, house cleaned, bags packed, and nativities taken over to a friend to take to the Festival of the Nativities for me. Not to mention, I need to finish my visiting teaching (hopefully tomorrow afternoon), get my hair done (Monday morning), take the dog to the vet (tomorrow morning) and probably to a friend's house to watch while we're gone, put a vacation hold on our mail, and make sure I've done what I need to for Relief Society before I leave. All the while, I'm SUPPOSED to be getting ready for the 10K that is only TWO WEEKS away! I'm really starting to feel the crunch. For the last week, I've been "going" none stop. That is probably going to be the case until Friday night. I hope I get it all done!

No comments: