Monday, March 10, 2008

My poor, neglected blog.

Life is busy and I apologize because even this won't be a real post. Just a list of some of the things going on lately:

•Ryan's car broke down and still isn't fixed. We had to juggle just the one car for a few days but are now borrowing a pick up from a ward member - Thank you!!!

•I am writing a talk to give in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday. If I all of a sudden come down really sick this weekend, do you think anyone would suspect something?

•One of my best friends is in the hospital with incredible pain and so far, we can't figure out why. It's hard to sit there and not be able to do anything to help.

•Her mom was also in the hospital this weekend and again, they haven't figured out what is wrong. I've told this family that we aren't allowing any more family members to be admitted, two in at one time is plenty!

•I sorted through a bunch of stuff to donate to the thrift store, loaded up the minivan (it was quite the load!), and dropped it all off. I don't know what I did with the receipt though and I sure would like that write off (even if I can't claim it until next year).

•I went through one of my "junk drawers"... even weeded out, it's still pretty full. :S

•The weather has been nice so I've been wanting to be out and about more to enjoy it. Could Spring really be here to stay? Or are we just being teased?

•I'm trying really hard to keep the house half-way decent. I've given up on trying to keep it clean. Half-way decent is my only hope at this point. Case in point: I worked all Friday morning to scrub the floors and wash the floor mats at the doors, in the kitchen, and in the bathroom. Just a few hours later, two cute girls tracked mud in over my newly scrubbed floors and freshly washed floor mats. I give up!

There are other little things: I've been continuing to read my scriptures (still on track for the 97 day challenge), I finished reading the Ensign, the Friend, and the extra insert for the Ensign this month on President Hinckley, and I'm trying to practice a song on the piano that I've always wanted to learn.

I enjoy being "anxiously engaged in a good cause"... it's just tiring sometimes and pretty time consuming. Most are things I'm happy to do. Though, I could do without the broken down car and I would rather that my friends were not sick, but I'm happy to be there with them to try to comfort them, I just wish I could do more to help.

I will try harder to make time to blog, it is something I enjoy and I think it is a good thing. It's an easy way to keep in touch with friends and family who are not near and it's sometimes my best attempt at keeping a journal. So, look for another (real) post in the near future. :)

No comments: