Monday, October 30, 2006

Blessed are the Children

Yesterday the primary did the Sacrament program at church. They do this once a year and it's always very cute. This year though, these kids BLEW ME AWAY!!! I have never heard a group of kids sing so loud and strong. Seriously. It was awesome!

Acadia had a little part, she did great. She even remembered to slow down so we could understand her. :)

I liked the new songs. I know at least one of them came from past Friend magazines instead of the current Children's Songbook. I think I'm gonna have to look them up to see if I can print me out a copy. :)

They also had a couple of the kids accompany the songs. One played a piano duet for I Know My Father Lives and another played the violin during another song. (Dang, I can't remember which song it was.) It was great to see these kids sharing their talents!

1 comment:

Sariah said...

David commented 11/5/06:

We were really impressed with the program here in Pismo Beach. The children sat in the congregation until after the Sacrament, then moved into their places very quickly and relatively quietly. The music was really good. I had noticed last week in the primary room that there are hands labled with first names and cities of children from arround the world decorating the primary rom. What an awesome generation.