No, not the baby... She's still technically not due yet. Though I've decided her due date is more of a deadline!
Nah, I'm just overdue on updating. But I have an update!
This morning I woke up and wanted to see the weather forcast, so I turned on the news. Just as the shuttle was landing, I started getting contractions. Not the normal Braxton Hicks, these were low and painful! And they were coming about 3-5 minutes apart. I didn't really assume it would continue, but I did warn Ryan since he was off to cover a co-worker's shift today. After an hour of these contractions, I decided to get up and take a shower. Of course, they slowed WAY down... and eventually stopped. I wasn't surprised.
So, Cadi and I decided to take advantage of the cool morning to go on a power walk. The whole way I had a tight tummy (normal for my walks) and near the end, I had a couple contractions. When we got home and I was able to sit down, I had a few more... but again, they've slowed way down and could very well be done completely right now.
This is all fine with me. I have mixed feelings about going into labor RIGHT NOW.
Pros:
•The b-day would be July 17... exactly one month after Cadi's... that would be cool.
•The weather is supposed to warm up by the end of the week... pushing 100 degrees on Friday and Saturday!!! I SO do not want to be preggers in that if I don't have to!
•Ryan doesn't go back to work until Thursday. My mom could decide between coming up right away or waiting until next week. Depending on what she would choose, Ryan would either go to work like normal on Thursday (if she were here) and then take next week off, or the opposite.
•I really wouldn't mind having this kid soon.
Cons:
•Ryan has a mid-term tonight and two labs tomorrow, plus at least one project due. If I have her today or tomorrow, we would most likely have to kiss this term good-bye and eat several hundreds of dollars... :(
•That's pretty much it. Well, of course there is still more we COULD do to get ready... but really, we're ready. As ready as we need to be.
So, either way. If nothing else, these contractions will HOPEFULLY help me along and when I see my Dr. on Wednesday I will be dialated a little more. :)
2 comments:
Barbara commented 7/17/06:
oohh! How exciting! Soon we will meet the long- awaited Aurora!
I don't know if I dare leave this week. In one way it would be better because the boys are at camp and so it would be less time away from them. On the other hand, Ben is the best one to take care of my dog. I guess Joseph would do fine, but she likes to start her day much earlier than he does!
I have a Bloodsource appointment Wednesday that I hope to keep, but, that's not really urgent.
You holler and we will work things out. I am looking forward to seeing all of you!
Does Ryan have a preference?
Much love! Mom
7/17/06:
Ryan wants me to have her today. And as far as whether he has this week or next week off, I don't think it matters too much, though he will have to take fewer vacation days if he stays home this week. So you coming next week (by Wednesday)would be good.
But of course, I'm not in labor yet! lol So, let's just see how today goes. We'll definitely let you know if anything happens. :)
Post a Comment