Friday, May 12, 2006

Mom's Day

As you all know, this weekend is Mother's Day... Go on, ask what my husband's doing for me on Mother's Day...

Okay fine, don't ask.  But I'll tell you anyways.  Nothing.  I won't even see him.  Well, I guess when he kisses me good-bye as he leaves for work at 6 am and then when he gets home at 9 pm.  But other than that, nope.  Not going to see him.  :(

But before anyone feels too bad for me (and YES, you should feel bad for a mom who doesn't get pampered at least a little on Mother's Day!) and before anyone gets mad at Ryan for leaving me ALL DAY so he can work instead...  He is covering for the gal who covered for him when we were in California.  She has her mom flying in just for Sunday and Monday and so Ryan is covering her shift.  And he PROMISES to make it up to me on Tuesday.  So I'm thinking that Tuesday is going to be an awesome day!  (Especially since even if Ryan wasn't working Sunday, he would have church meetings first thing in the morning and after church he's usually beat and naps all afternoon.  So, this is a much better deal! lol)

But I did get a little early Mother's Day fun.  Today was Muffins with Moms at Cadi's school.  We went to school about an hour early and had blueberry muffins and juice.  We sat with her two best friends and their moms (of course).  We brought books to read.  Cadi had chosen "How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?" and "The Kiss That Missed".  She gave me a letter she wrote to me and a cute craft that they made yesterday.  (I actually helped her make it when I was in the classroom, lol.  She did the writing and cutting, I did all the gluing.  I thought it was funny that her teacher sent her with the half of the kids I was helping instead of keeping her with his half.  But I guess he's just a guy and didn't think about the part where I'd be making my own Mother's Day gift for myself, lol.  No big deal, as if it really matters.)

The craft was a cute, corny flower with Cadi's face in the center, that is folded so that you can have the stem short or tall.  The verse on the back says, "Mom, My love for you "grows" every day.  Love, Acadia"  I love it.  But it's funny because just last night I saw a commercial for one of the department stores that uses that very same craft as one of the corny examples of gifts moms get.  The commercial, of course, was telling you to go to their store and buy Mom a "real" gift like jewelry, clothes, handbags, etc.  I like the craft.  Of course, I won't turn down jewelry either, lol. ;)

Oh, here's a pic:

No comments: