Friday, October 14, 2005

If I were rich...

I saw a story on the news tonight about a woman who found a bag with $1000 in it. (I think it belonged to an armored vehicle, but I'm not sure - I missed that part of the story.) It was all coin and heavy. She started dragging it down the street to the police station. A man saw her and decided to help her. Together they took this big bag of money to the police to turn in.

The reporters of course asked if they had considered keeping the money. They said no. But they did admit that there is alot they could do with $1000.

If I were rich, I would look for stories like this and then send people like that a reward. As long as it wasn't some insane amount, I would send them the dollar amount of what they found. But then I was thinking, I bet that those people are going to be recieving a greater reward than money because of their integrity.

So, it's all good.

5 comments:

Sariah said...

Barbara commented 10/15/05:

How refreshing to hear about goodness! I suspect that there is more good in people than we realize or tend to hear about. I hope so!

Sariah said...

Ryan commented 10/15/05:

Oh, fluffernutter! To much goodness makes you want to puke. No offense meant, but I disagree with sending people like that money. People would start to do nice things just for the hope that there would be a reward. In my opinion, who doesn't deserve a reward. You might as well find the most worthless piece of humanity and do something nice for them because don't they deserve it too? There are many things that go unnoticed in all our lives, yet it is the few who do something seen that get recognized for it. Not to say that what you are saying is bad, but my first reaction is "OH, please, spare me." Maybe it is my inner evil child coming out. I just like to be mean to people. AHAHAHAHAHA (semi-evil laughter)
Oh, blessed woman, why on earth did you marry me? Answer: still too expensive to do it in space. :)

Sariah said...

10/15/05:

That's it - when I'm rich, you are out of my will! lol
My goodness, you are mean! If I were rich, those wouldn't be the ONLY people I would give money too, they are just some of them. I would also look for people who just do good, especially annonymously. And when I did give all these people money, it would be annonymously too.

Gosh, you're a grouch!

(Oh and I married you out of pity.)

Sariah said...

Ryan commentd 10/15/05:

I thought you said it was because you couldn't control yourself and had to have me. Make up your mind. Typical woman.

Sariah said...

10/15/05:

That's what I told you so you wouln't feel bad. Trust me, it was pity.