Friday, October 21, 2005

Don't Fall For It

1. What do you like or dislike about autumn?


I love the fall colors and crisp cool air. And of course I love celebrating my marriage every fall, thinking back to the beautiful fall we spent in Acadia National Park on our Honeymoon (and a few since then too).

I dislike once all the leaves have fallen off the trees and there is no color left. (Though here we have so much green left that it isn't bad at all.)


2. Have you raked leaves into a pile just to jump in them?

Not lately. I remember doing this a few times growing up, before we had the chain link fence put up around our house. After the fence went up we didn't get anymore leaves blown into our yard. :(


3. Have you ever carved a pumpkin and how did it turn out?

I've carved a pumpkin just about every year. It's messy but fun and usually I am happy with the results. On Wednesday the YW carved pumpkins, Cadi was with me so she carved hers then. I helped a little, but she did plenty of the work herself. She named it "Hazel", lol.

I will be working on my masterpiece in the next few days. I want it fresh for the Halloween party we are going to next weekend. And no, I'm not telling you what I'm doing, it is a surprise and all I have to say is... it's gonna be awesome!


4. Have you ever eaten anything made from pumpkins other than pie?

Heck ya! Pumpkin bread, donuts, ice cream, milkshakes, and cake. Plus, I remember Mom baking a meal inside a hollowed out pumpkin every year. I liked it and I think I attempted to do it one of the first years I was married. I can't remember too well, but it must not have turned out because I haven't really considered trying again, lol.


5. Where is a good spot to see the leaves change color where you live?

I don't know if there is any one good spot. I bet if you went into the gorge it would be GORGEous (lol, I crack myself up...). But I don't recall going there to see the colors. Maybe I should.

There is a stretch of our street, up the hill that is really pretty when the colors turn. There is also a couple of gorgeous tress on a main street in town that I LOVE to see in the fall, but unfortunately I don't go down that street much - at least not that part of it.

I was a little worried when we moved here that I would miss the New England foliage alot. But I was pleasantly surprised with the colors we get here. It isn't nearly as much as New England, but it is very pretty. And when the colors all fade and fall, there is still enough green to be pretty throughout winter.

No comments: