And it's over... TA DA!!! And with only one day's rest in between, I was back in YW presidency meeting discussing Girls Camp and our SLC trip. lol I have been assigned to arrange the rides for the girls to and from camp since our YW president is going to be out of town. No biggie, I'm already almost done getting drivers.
With this 99 day challenge, I have had so many thoughts in my mind. I don't know that I could acurately express them. I am watching the youth participate - and some not participate. I see the blessings that are coming to those who are - small, simple things, and I see the difference between them and those who are not reading. Isn't it amazing how much words on a page can affect us and literally change our life? If someone were to say that ink on paper could have that power, it would sound absurd. Yet it is true.
I feel the influence of this challenge in my life. The thing that surprises me is that I've been pretty good about reading - even before the challenge. And we've been good at reading as a family as well as Ryan and I reading together each night. But this challenge is influencing me even more. I can't describe it. All I can say is that my testimony of the scriptures is growing. I am feeling a power come from this actvity/program/challenge - whatever you want to call it. I don't know why this experience is affecting me so much more than my regular readings were before. Maybe because we are doing it as a group, with a common goal and purpose? Maybe because as I pray and read, I am praying that my girls will pray and read too? I suppose it doesn't matter why. All that matter is that I take this experience, take these feelings, take this testimony and continue on reading, feeling, and growing.
No comments:
Post a Comment