Early this morning, I went to my orthodontist to get my invisalign braces. I have my first three aligners and have been wearing the first one all day. I am supposed to wear each aligner for 2 weeks, then switch to the new one. I should be completely finished with them in less than one year, then I get to wear a retainer.
I only have the aligners for my bottom teeth. I had braces when I was younger but in recent years, my lower teeth have moved again and now one of them has been pushed back quite a bit. It is making it very difficult to clean and my gums are becoming unhealthy. Since I have always had "perfect teeth" :grin: (so says every dentist I go to! :thumb:), this is ruining my record! I am anxious to start correcting it. And since I'm doing Invisalign, it is less time consuming, less painful, and less obvious to everyone else! The only thing it isn't "less" of is price...OUCH!!! But that's okay. Fortunately we have 50% covered by insurance.
However, while it isn't quite as painful as normal braces, it does still hurt a little. My teeth are sore. In a day or two it should be fine. I'll live.
The rest of the day, I've spent putting all our vacation photos up on-line. I've gone through all our video and taken digital photos from it, plus there's all the pictures from the digital camera that Ryan used. I organized them all, made albums on Photobucket, downloaded all the pictures, resized and renamed everything, and now they are ready to go.
Now I need to go to bed!
2 comments:
Mom commented 7/20/04:
Those Invisalign braces sound great!
The pictures are even better. I have only looked at through Day Two so far, but I am loving it! and copying a few onto my Palm.
I like your color scheme on Photobucket, too. I hadn't realized I could change it, but now I copied you.
I hope your great pictures don't keep me from getting any WORK done today.
Warning - it is going to be triple digits when you come. Do you still have those misters?
I commented 7/20/04:
We have one...we'll bring it! You can also get some at Walmart for about $6 or $7. We had brought one from there but it was dropped and cracked so we bought a Disney World one while we were there. It was more than twice as much! But it is bigger and has the disney characters on it, so...it's alright.
Post a Comment