Yesterday we did actually do something! :lol: We packed a lunch and headed to San Francisco to walk the Golden Gate Bridge (round trip is about 4 miles). Once I thought about it, I was surprised I had never done this before. Growing up in Sacramento with frequent trips to San Fran with family, friends, and church groups, I wonder why we never did it before?
We got there and it was much cooler than Sac! (Thank Goodness!) And the wind made it even chillier. We had an easy walk except that about 1/2 way across the first pass, my ears started to hurt from the cold wind blowing at them. Fortunately the coat I was borrowing (uh, thanks Miriam - hehehe) had a hood, so I just covered up a little more.
We made it all the way across and took a break as we sat on the grass and ate granola bars. Acadia got to visit with a cute little dog that was there. They tried to tell us the name, but it wasn't in English. There were many different languages being spoken around us. It made me think of Disney World again (I have never heard so many different languages at one time like there were there!)
The walk back was easier on my ears because the wind was behind us. My feet were starting to get sore on my heels because I was wearing sandals. But I survived. It was neat to see the huge barges come in under the bridge. We were standing right above them. We also caught a little row boat! Who would be so crazy?
I caught lots of stuff on my camcorder and was planning on grabbing pictures from the video. Then I realized that I didn't have a memory stick in the camcorder, so these pictures will also have to wait until I get home. I'm sorry. I was hoping to steal a picture or two from my mom, but her's didn't turn out well apparently. If you have access to Debi's site, she put a picture of the bridge up, but none of us on it.
After the fun walk across the bridge, we headed home. Uh...slowly. It should only have taken about an hour and a half. But us being the brilliant ones we are, were leaving the bay area at rush hour! We were in stop and go traffic almost the entire way home! It took us 3 1/2 hours!!! We were so tired when we got back!
We did manage to head over to Ruth and Tom's for awhile were we barely helped at all, but did visit a bit. My head was hurting and I finally made Debi and Miriam go home about 11.
Today we will be back over at Ruth and Tom's for 1) a Stamp Party and B) Esther's First Birthday Party. Of course I'll take video, but of course you'll have to wait til I get home for the photos.
Ryan's work schedule changed slightly today. He is off today and works tonight. So he is taking the day to go on a BIG hike!!! He loves hiking, especially in the Northwest where it is just so dang beautiful! I hope he is safe and has a good time. The later is almost guaranteed, so I'm really just praying for his safety!
Time to go get ready for the parties!
1 comment:
I commented 7/24/04:
Ryan has safely returned from his hike and he is now at work. He is a little sore, but had a good time. I'm glad he went and I'm even more glad he is safe. :)
Post a Comment