Saturday, December 17, 2011

Two Weddings and a Front Door

We had the opportunity of celebrating two new marriages today!  The first was for a woman that Ryan home teaches in our ward.  It was small and quiet and really nice.  The second was for a young woman that used to be in my Mia Maid class years ago... I just can't believe how grown up these girls are now!  She was absolutely beautiful and I'm so happy for her!

Almost nine years ago, we moved here and bought this house.  It has had a banged up front door with poor weather stripping around the sides and a scratched up door knocker that says "LEE" on it.  Well, finally, today, we bought a new front door.  It will be installed in a few days and I am excited!  I know, it is slightly pathetic to be excited over a new door, especially since this is not a super fancy door in any way... but I am! 

Today is one week away from Christmas Eve and I'm really looking forward to this week.  We're all ready here, and I love it because it lets us just enjoy the season with no stress or crazy shopping trips to fight our way through.  I think instead we'll do some caroling, spread some Christmas cheer, visit with friends, and watch some holiday movies. :)

What are your favorite ways to spend the last few days before Christmas?

No comments: